Day 8 – Albany, NY 2020 Where Do We Go From Here?
**Please click on Soundcloud link above. Every meditation counts!Where Do We Go From Here?“So, Albany”, as Anquan “Pnal Aon” Mclean often says, we have come a long way this week.We have learned about #SnugLove, and the discipline that comes with it.We have learned that the shooter on the news may not be a hardened career criminal, but a 14-year-old boy or girl who may be hungry, lonely, and has no one who wonders where he or she is all day every day.We have learned that #SnugLove accompanied by discipline and accountability is the secret combination for SNUG’s effectiveness in the community.So, Albany…where do we go from here? You may not feel like you can help from where you are, but you probably can. Here are some ways you can help to reduce violence.
- SNUG accepts food donations all year long for the community. The more SNUG is seen in the city, the more they are trusted. Youth will feel safe to reach out to them to disclose where violence is brewing.
- SNUG appreciates having options to take kids out of the city. When youth leave their small surroundings, they start gaining the perspective that there is more to the world than their city block.
- Empower youth to claim their city with a youth peace council. Teach youth meditation leaders.
- Teach meditation and self-regulation anywhere you can. It should be readily available in the criminal justice system at every stage. Meditation costs virtually nothing. Top-notch biofeedback self-regulation training should be taught to people of influence and youth. Let’s utilize meditation as the powerful free resource it is to raise the expectation of well-being and decision making for all of us.
Research has shown that using coherence based meditation to regulate the nervous system results in greater clarity and optimal decision making. This work is not woo-woo or rocket science. It is easy, straightforward, free, and available 24/7. Best of all, it profoundly changes people’s hearts where violence starts. Ways you can help NUMINOUS, the sponsor of the Global Peaceful Cities Project
- Become a “Happiness Athlete/Intentional Coherence Athlete” …someone who trains to maintain expanded states of consciousness and becomes happier! Upcoming dates in the evenings of; 9/8, 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15 Click here to learn more.
- DONATE to Numinous, sponsor of PeacefulCities.org. Peace projects require funding and massive amounts of work from volunteers (including, and especially, Bethany). We have serious expenses, and Bethany could use some support.
EVERY MEDITATION COUNTS! – THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!https://soundcloud.com/numinous-4/where-do-we-go-from-here-final https://youtu.be/GDDV2jqFIk4